In 1972 Fr. Maria Selvam took up residence in Kunjao, Tamenglong, paving the way for the eventual opening of the parish. A new schools was opened at Tamenglong on 11th March 1972. The Parish of Tamenglong was officially erected on 8th September 1976. On 3rd June 1978 the parish was permanently entrusted to the Salesians.
In 2007, the Parish of Mary Help of Christians, Tamenglong has about 5000 Catholics in the 27 villages. There are 1390 students and 35 teachers in the school and 70 boys in the boarding run by the Salesians. Various tribes such as Rongmei, Zemei, Liangmei, Paimei, Mao, Hmar, Adivasi, Nepali, and Khasi attend the school. A Youth Centre was opened in 2007 providing games and reading facilities to the youngsters.
Parish, Pastoral Work and Evangelization, Chaplaincy, Cooperators, Past Pupils, Youth groups, Adult Education and Literacy drive, Developmental Programmes, High School, Boarding for boys.
Tamenglong – 795 141
(03877) 222048 / 222403